Day 10 Moving Target
Here is a picture of the Best Man and Matron of Honor twirling their umbrellas at my cousin’s wedding. Kind of looks like a moving target! It was a fun wedding I wish we could have stayed longer but I didn’t feel good. Amazingly my son was wonderful during the ceremony. He was kind of funny. We could hear him squeaking his gums on his teething ring and after the lady got done singing he sang for a little big.
Day 9 Sign
I knew the moment we found this house it was meant to be ours. The name Whitehorse Road gave it all away for me =) we missed our first opportunity to buy the house. We got an appointment to look inside the house and the day we were supposed to look inside of it the realtor called to tell us and offer had been accepted on it. We were very disappointed and continued our search. A month later I saw it pop back up on the search results and we jumped on it. It took us about 2 months to close on it because our realtor Kelly Johnson (quite the a**hole) working for ReMax (so don’t get him) was too busy playing golf and whatever else he was doing that was more important than selling a house. It was meant to be. So I thought this was the perfect sign to take a picture of.
Day 5 Window
Ahhh being illegal and trespassing! It felt so weird. I’m so used to roaming on 500 acres and yelling at any trespassers who would roam onto the farm yet here I was doing exactly what I hated. But at least I didn’t tear anything up and was only there for a few minutes.
Day 8 Entropy
I barely know what this means. I’m still not completely sure so I got on Flickr and looked at a bunch of photos to get an idea of what I should do. On the photo challenge website it says “Entropy is basically things that are breaking down, devolution. Our world surrounds us with things that break down. Just look around.”
So the neighbor down the road here has lived nearly her entire life in this little cabin that’s in much better condition than her buildings but she’s lived without electricity and modern conveniences and still is living that way. She homeschooled her children for a time and gave birth to them in this house. I can’t wait to meet her because I want to take pictures of her baby sheep but I’m waiting on the money to buy a jogging stroller so I can easily take my son places instead of carrying him…lol he’s getting heavy!
“The world is a looking-glass, and gives back to every man the reflection of his own face. Frown at it, and it will in turn look sourly upon you; laugh at it and with it, and it is a jolly kind companion.”
William Makepeace Thackera
Day 7 Low Point of View
I really wanted this photo to be of a morel mushroom but I didn’t get lucky this season. I couldn’t find any…bad luck and bad timing yet again this year! Too much rain too!! Hopefully I will be able to find some next year. This was a neat find though. It was a leaf skeleton stuck to the side of a log.
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return to the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shall return.
I know I’m super slacking…I’m trying to keep up but the daggone rain is keeping me from getting out with my new camera!!! So I skipped window and that will hopefully be on the next blog post.
A good book has no ending. ~R.D. Cumming
“A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.”
— Max Lucado
I couldn’t figure out how to do the photo I was wanting to do but I came close with these. I love to read. I’m an obsessive reader. When I start a book that I find enjoyable I find it hard to put it down or focus on anything else which is why I haven’t read much since my son was born!!! Haha. I’m not that bad but I do love to read. My dad, grandma, and aunt are all readers so I must have inherited my love for reading from them. I’ve always wanted a window seat with bookshelves under it and next to it filled with books.
Here is my husband playing his guitar. He made a pretty little tune up tonight. I can play a few different instruments but I have never been able to play like my husband can play. He can make up little tunes or listen to something and play it by ear. I always had to have someone first play it for me and then I could play it. I could read notes but I never understood the rhythm. I ain’t got no rhythm! Johnny Cash like everyone else is one of my favorite artists. I love the old classic country music. I was reading a book the other day set in the 1930’s and life was so much simpler back then. Makes me curse this technology that I’m obsessed/addicted with. Oh well!
“Life and love go on, let the music play.”
Ahhh….my favorite pen in the whole world! I don’t know what I did before I had this pen. I know everything I did wasn’t as good as what I do now that I have my magic pen.
“The strokes of the pen need deliberation as much as the sword needs swiftness.”
Julia Ward Howe
I was looking around thinking about what kind of chair I could take a photo of and remembered I borrowed this little chair for a photo shoot that I never did for my son!
The poster I plan to print off and post around town to get some interest in my photography 🙂
I do want to put one post before I start my challenge….a picture of myself with ten little known facts since that is a popular facebook option 🙂
1) I really dislike teenagers sometimes…I know I was one but the ones of this age lack in respect and have absolutely no morals.
2) I count things in my head and when something isn’t even it bothers me…I want a symmetrical house on the outside.
3) I’m a little OCD, I move stuff so it’s even and put things in line. All of the furniture matches up with the lines on the floor and would be centered by the windows if it was possible. And sometimes I have crazy moments where I’m really goofy and like to scream or change the words to songs to make them fit my mood or something silly. I almost never remember the words to songs so most of the stuff is made up anyways 🙂
4) I know ‘stuff’ happens but I believe in doing things right…I believe in marriage and waiting to have children until you’re married…and if you aren’t then I believe in getting married as soon as you know. It’s a huge pet peeve. I guess I feel if you don’t love the person enough to have kids with them then you shouldn’t be having sex with them. And if you’re not in love…well.
5) The teens at my church give me hope for the future. Seeing them singing and worshiping God makes my heart sing.
6) I love Do It Yourself projects!
7) I know it shouldn’t but it depresses me when I see others succeeding in what I can only hope to succeed in.
8) I don’t understand ‘guy language.’ when guys talk cars I go back into my blank stare faze and think about horses 🙂
9) I haven’t had a migraine since the beginning part of my pregnancy! I think they were hormone caused…we’ll see what happens when I stop breastfeeding but I don’t think I’m going back on birth control!
10) I love finding grammatical and spelling errors in books and circling them if I can!!!